Emergency Dental Care | Ballwin, MO
Dental emergencies often happen out of nowhere with little to no warning and require prompt, effective treatment to relieve sensitivity, pain, and damage. Baxter Dental Group is available 24/7 for all of your emergency dental care needs, whether you suffered an oral injury or are struggling with a sharp and sudden toothache. Let our caring, professional dentists help you get the emergency dental care you need, when you need it most. Call our office today for reliable, 24/7 emergency dentistry.
Our Emergency Dental Services
Are you experiencing sharp, shooting tooth pains? Do you have extreme sensitivity? Or, have you suffered a severe oral injury and have cracked, chipped, or missing teeth? Dental emergencies require immediate treatment to not only alleviate pain but to prevent further damage or salvage any existing teeth that were injured. At Baxter Dental Group, our kind, experienced dentists are here for you 24/7 for all of your emergency dental care needs.
Missing or Loose Teeth
If your tooth was injured or dislodged during a traumatic accident, it’s important to seek immediate treatment right away to prevent infection or further damage from occurring. If your tooth was knocked out during an accident, keep the tooth in warm water and bring it with you to your emergency dental appointment, as we may be able to save your original tooth.
Extreme Tooth or Jaw Sensitivity
Tenderness, swelling, and extreme sensitivity could be the sign of infection or damage. If you are having any of these symptoms in your teeth or jaw, you need to seek emergency dental treatment right away to prevent pain or other symptoms from worsening.
Broken or Lost Fillings & Crowns
Fillings and crowns are used to cover broken and damaged teeth to protect them from infection or further injury. If you are experiencing extreme sensitivity or discomfort, trouble chewing, or sharp, shooting pains, and believe that you lost a filling or your existing filling is damaged, our emergency dentists are ready to help.
Root Canal Treatment
An extreme toothache, especially while chewing or drinking, prolonged sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, discoloration, swelling, and tenderness could point to an infected tooth. During your emergency dental appointment, our dentists will look for signs of infection and determine if you could benefit from an emergency root canal or another procedure to alleviate pain and protect your teeth from further damage.
Signs You Need Emergency Dental Care
If you have any of these signs, it’s essential to seek emergency dental care treatment right away:
- Loose Teeth – loose or wiggly teeth could be a sign of infection.
- Missing Teeth – if your tooth was knocked out in an accident, put it in warm water and take it to your dentist immediately, as your original tooth could still be preserved and reattached. If your tooth is unsalvageable, there are still other options, such as dental implants, to replace your missing tooth.
- Severe Toothache – you might need a root canal.
- Extreme Sensitivity – the sooner you seek out treatment for a tender or painful tooth, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to prevent the condition from worsening
- Prolonged Bleeding or Soreness of the Gums – these symptoms could indicate gum disease.
- Pus or a Foul Taste in Your Mouth – you might have an infection.
- Tooth Numbness – if your tooth is numb, this is just one of the many signs of a potential infection.
- You Taste Metal – this could be a sign that your filling is cracked or loose
- Broken Crown – the longer your tooth is without a crown, the higher the risk of infection.
Get the Emergency Dental Care You Need Today
Whether you have a toothache or suffered an oral injury in a traumatic accident, the team at Baxter Dental Group is here to help. Our compassionate dentists will quickly alleviate any sensitivity or pain that you’re experiencing and make sure that you get the treatment you need when you need it most. For all of your emergency dental care needs, contact Baxter Dental Group 24/7.